The 159 m, 11,701 GRT flagship of the Mercy Ships fleet, the Anastasis was the world’s largest non-governmental hospital ship before the Africa Mercy came into service in July 2007. A former Italian cruise liner acquired in 1978, she contained three fully-equipped operating rooms, a dental clinic, a laboratory, an X-ray unit and a 3,060 m3 cargo capacity. A volunteer crew of over 420 people served onboard.
1953 Trieste, Italy
3 holds/3,060 m3
2 Fiat diesels (8,050 hp each)
The Anastasis was retired from service in July 2007