Surgeries, healthcare and capacity building
Mercy Ships increases access to healthcare throughout the world. Through the deployment of the world’s largest, civilian hospital ship, the Africa Mercy, Mercy Ships helps fill the gaps in local healthcare systems. While serving the dire and immediate needs of the population, Mercy Ships helps improve the local health care infrastructure and builds capacity by providing training opportunities for medical professionals along with the curative surgical interventions.
Surgeries and Health Care
Mercy Ships provides free, specialized surgeries that save lives, improve quality of life and restore hope.
- Corneal Growths
- Congenital Abnormalities
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Oral Disease
- Childbirth Injuries
- War Injuries
- Work Injuries
- Extractions & Procedures
- Oral Hygiene Education
Mercy Ships partners with the Ministry of Health, local hospitals, N.G.O.’s and medical professionals to provide training and infrastructure development which will produce a lasting benefit long after the ship has left the country such as:
- Training for local surgeons, nurses and other professionals
- Training for hospital administration in good management, integrity & record keeping
- Construction and renovation of hospital facilities
- Facilitating projects to provide reliable water and electricity where necessary
To help communities improve their health and quality of life through a holistic range of programs.
- Training of agricultural instructors in sustainable and ecologically sound farming methods and enabling them to teach others.
- Training Community Health Educators to teach whole communities how to avoid preventable diseases.